View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #9
AngelAndMaggie
BANNED!

Love Mikie and Maggie are both Well

[F]Thank you PonyUp, Yorkie Rose and RoxieJo's Mom for all the info. I am so relieved to hear Mikie is fine. Hearing it from a breeder lends more assurance.

Roxie Jo's Mom - I think the fleas are finally handled. At least Maggie's allergic reactions and scratching. I read on here about using quick dissolve children's benedryl (cut to size) with your dog for allergies and found some at Walmart. I used it right away, and what a difference ! And she didn't get sleepy either. I also found some flea spray for dogs that kill the fleas and eggs ( I only had the household 3 in 1) and while using it, found a little nest of hidden terrorists in her thick thick hair. I never took joy in watching something die before.

Also, today, my order for Revolution arrived in the mail and I was able to treat Maggie and Mike at the same time. I'm so glad for the benedryl tip on this site. Maggie was really looking pathetic, constantly tormented and I was about to take her to the vet.

I was well enough to walk a bit today, so we all had a grand hour outside in the sun while teaching Mikie how to walk with a leash and he did great. He's not used to much walking yet either, so we both took rests after short stints. He was such a happy camper. He really came ALIVE outside. He fell asleep in the ( just mowed) grass and you almost couldn't see him there. But seeing how he was outside; the life in his eyes, made me think how he'd be so good with a family who can take him for walks... and also provide a safe place for him of course. As beautiful as he was too look at, I hated to think about it, but I can not provide that type of life. Just a simple walk once or twice a day would make him the King of the hill. I haven't made any permanent decision, or spoken to the Rescue about it. But our 30 day testing period is almost at an end and I won't be able to waffle for long. Mikie was SO happy out there today. U know ?

He's snoring peacefully beneath my chair right now . And Maggie's asleep on her private chair next to me. Ahhh, the benefits of seniority.

Mikie and Maggie are both well now. All is well. I wish Mike's knees were better though. They pop in and out of joint so easily.

I would love to a picture of Mikie. My digital camera broke and I'm using film, so it will take a while. He's quite a handsome dude.

Biscuits to all !

Angel Maggie and Mike

[/FONT]

Last edited by admin; 12-08-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!