View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
AngelAndMaggie
BANNED!

Animal Smiley 049 Large Lump in Penis

Help!
I hate for this to be my very first posting - I much prefer to lurk in the shadows and try to learn as much as possible from reading - but there is nothing under the search words of "lump in penis" and only one posting under "swollen penis" which doesn't quite fit the situation here.

NOTE: I'm inserting this paragraph here to save you from reading all the details you probably don't need for this instance. After this paragraph, the detailed stuff picks up again. Here's the problem. Mikie has twice had large swollen, hard lumps in his penis upon being let out of his night time crate. Once a week ago. At the time I thought it was due to a belly band and threw it out and prayed I hadn't ruined my baby for life. He returned to normal after an hour or two. Today, the same thing happened, only he is not using belly bands, so I'm thinking I was "off" about thinking the belly band caused it. He has no aversion to peeing or poohing in his crate and/or body painting in it afterwards (Not his fault - the Mill kept him in a cage for 4 years ) , I noticed it as I was cleaning him (which I do quite often around here ). I took him outside, he found a loose board in my fence and made his escape while my handicapped azz just stood there in my jammies. After retrieving a flash light, ten long minutes later, I found him coming towards me on the sidewalk. He could easily have been killed by feral animals out here, or injure himself ! (he thinks he can jump, but can't do stairs) . After getting into dry clothes, I saw the ""lump" was almost completely gone. But I am still worried. The lump was the size of his balls or a large quarter sized 'ball' located about two inches from the tip and about an inch from his balls. He had no signs of an erection. I've fixed the fence temporarily, but I'm very worried about Mikie. He's the sweetest most loving little fellow. Kind of like a fragile bird who rests it's head in your palm and closes his eyes. OH** I can not have him 'altered' until after his worming is done - and he is healthy.. I hope someone has experience with this. It's a strange early morning hour, but I'll keep checking back. THANKS!

Mike's History

Mikie is my first Yorkie. He's a 4 year old Puppy Mill rescue that was no longer needed for breeding. It's hard to know what life was like for him, but he was kept in a cage, taught to potty in his crate for four years, did not get proper exercise, has only one molar left and very loose knees. Everything is new to him, and me, as we try to adapt to a different world. I forgot to say that he was not 'fixed' by the rescue group. He came with some mutant fleas that filled the house and attacked my Bichon, who has many sores and crusty scabs and shaved areas now due to her allergies to fleas. They both had been treated for fleas, and I had Mikie bathed the day after I picked him up, and retreated him. That's a whole different issue though and not at all an emergency (though I am very worried about my Maggie)
The rescue that got him, is a Coon hound rescue, so they're experience may not be as well as say a Yorkie rescue.

I took him to the vet the first week, though he'd been reported as vetted . He was extremely lethargic, very weak, eye infection crusting his right eye. I was terribly worried he wouldn't make it. They did blood work and told me his knees were very loose and his lack of teeth and possible gum infection and eye infection. The bloodwork showed minor anemia and a minor deviation in the thyroid results which after further testing proved to be nothing. They gave me antibiotics for his eye and oral antibiotics for his gums.

The rescue sent me Worming meds to give both dogs in two week intervals because they thought Mikie must have worms with his fleas and recurring lethargy . I gave him his first dose on the fourth.

Wow , that's enough details. I'll have to take other concerns to their appropriate area, but I thought you would need a bit of his history.

He's 4 years and 6lbs.

Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!