View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #8
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

You didn't say how big the crate is, or if you are crating him while you are home, other than sleeping, and you didn't mention walks or exercise.

To crate train successfully, they need to be walked or played with in the morning before you leave for work. Vigorous play that will tire them out and make them ready to nap. The same thing at noon, and before bed

I also would not feed him at noon, but wait till 3:30 and then again about an hour before bed. Is 9:30 your bed time. I would hold off putting him down for the night until I went to bed.

The crate should be small enough so that there is no room for him to potty other than his bed. Since he has started pottying in this crate, he might continue. I would suggest a small travel crate, the smallest you can buy. There should be just enough room for them to turn around. You might have to put a box in it to block off the back of it till he gets bigger.

If you want to use the wire crate, and it is big enough, you can put a bed in it, or a travel crate, and a pee pad. so there is only room for his bed and the pee pad.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!