View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #2
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I think you need to relax a little and not worry so much about your puppy eating.

I suspect you're feeding her too often. Looks to me like she's eating when she's hungry and not eating when she's not hungry.

I think a 3-month old puppy can be on two meals a day - with water always available. From the way your puppy is eating now, I think she would easily eat well twice a day.

I don't think any dog will eat well if they are constantly watched, constantly have different foods put in front of them, constantly have food available, and are constantly being tried to get to eat. With all of this done - how can a puppy ever get hungry?

****** Put away your paper and pencil away - relax - get some good dog food that you dog has eaten in the past - play with your dog - let it get a lot of exercise and work up a healthy appetite - offer it food twice a day - and I'll bet she'll eat just fine. ------- and if she isn't real hungry once in a while, don't worry about it - she'll catch up at the next meal.

*** Also sometimes - I think constantly changing foods and catering to your dog's likes and dislikes can turn your dog into a very picky eater. (I have two picky eaters - and believe me - it is no fun!!!)

Good luck - Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!