View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
Yorkie24U
YT 500 Club Member

Orin,
welcome to YorkieTalk.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your Goldie. Our neighbors had one for 8 yrs and she died from Cancer. I think thats pretty young to go. Anyways she was the most gentlest dog towards our two little 5 lb. baby yorkies, they miss her as much as we do. Everytime they see a Goldie, they think its her and want to go right up close. We feel so bad. We see her grave from our house every day.

On the other note, my daughter wanted to adopt an Italian Greyhound and was turned down because she didn't have a fence around her own home property, so she went and found an IG at a pet store. I know its promoting Puppy Mill sales, but she really wanted an IG and found the most beautiful one, almost looks like a fawn. She keeps reminding me of the no maintenance for him and how wonderful disposition he has around all people and other dogs. Mojo stays in the house most of the time, he's only 10 lbs. attends Italian Greyhound Playdates and gets plenty of exercise inside. He does go out on a lease but uses the puppy pads during the day when my daughter and her husband are working.

Mojo is a year old now and the most happiest, friendliest pet. She feels bad she had to go to a pet store, and had the same question as you " Does that make me a bad person to buy from a pet store?".. Well, some of these rescue places should change their policys, I think its too bad that you have to buy a home, or have a stockade fence around your home to adopt a pet. That just doesn't make sense, there are a lot of responsible people out there that can give a lot of love to having an adopted pet, I think its discriminating and really hurting these animals that deserve to be adopted and loved.

Good luck, Orin , whatever you decide to do and Welcome Aboard here.

Last edited by Yorkie24U; 11-29-2004 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additional paragraph
Yorkie24U is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!