View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
Lila
Yorkie Yakker

Default Spaying After-Effects?

I was very lucky when Kia was due to be spayed; she was almost seven months old, and I had gone to Guelph to see my son's convocation. The night before, while visiting my daughter, I mentioned to the owners of the farm she was on that I was worried about who was going to spay Kia. She said, "Why don't you let me do it?" (She and her husband are both vets), so while I was at my son's graduation, Kia went into surgery around 1:00 pm, and was home with my at 5:00pm. She had only one very small stitch. She received a pain shot after her surgery, and slept all night. The next day, we had a four hour train trip; Kia slept in her carry bag most of the way home. When we got home, she was back to normal; the surgery site was healed up in four days, and I took the stitch out a week later. She never scratched, licked or otherwise bothered it, and did not need a collar or any special care. It was the best job I have seen in years!
While under anaesthetic, she was micro-chipped and had three retained baby teeth taken out as well. Also, Chris said that she was 'very close' to coming in season the first time, so our timing was great!

ps; the photos are of Kia babysitting our rescues-they seem to feel she should have milk there somewhere!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg September 18 005.jpg (30.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg September 18 006.jpg (28.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg September 18 008.jpg (37.4 KB, 13 views)
Lila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!