View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 08:08 AM   #45
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

[B]Please read this:
Just wanted to share my internet experience with you guys. I bought my 2nd yorkie from someone I found on puppyfind.com...The lady was really nice and she told me she was the breeder. She even told me that she had the parents there and what their sizes were. She SEEMED like a reputable breeder. She asked for a money order, so I sent it to her overnight and she sent me my baby two days later.
Here's the problem: My yorkie didn't have any ID(microchip, tattoo, or even an ID collar), and she didn't send the bill of sale or the contract. Upon reading his paperwork, we saw a discrepancy between the ages stated on the shot record and the health certificate required to ship the pup. We called her to ask her about it and she yelled at my husband for 10 minutes straight! We couldn't believe it. She was telling us that her yorkies were healthy...we weren't even questioning his health. She hung up on us, and she changed her number!
Then, he was being very lethargic, so I took him to the vet...He had a heart murmur, luxating patellas, an upper respiratory infection. Also, he had a very severe case of coccidia and hypoglycemia which almost killed him twice! They told me he wouldn't live through the night, but he did thanks to God.
He got better because we vowed that we were going to make him healthy again, and he did get healthy, or so we thought.
Months later, we found out that he has a liver shunt. They went in for the surgery, but they couldn't find it, which means that it's somewhere that they can't reach. We also found out during this time that the lady wasn't a breeder...She bought her puppies from a PUPPYMILL and she was selling them as her own!!!
Just be careful if you are considering purchasing a dog over the internet....Try your best to find someone in your area or ask around. Wait until you find the right person to purchase from. I learned this the hard way.
Yorkieluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!