View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #9
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyTribute
I know humans are different than dogs. I am a registered nurse and know signs for a human and can relate that to dogs. I have done some research, but if the signs are different for dogs let me know. Thanks very very much...

Brandy and Tribute
Just make sure you give him the NutriCal every 3-4 hours and make sure he is eating enough and eating at regular intervals throughout the day. Hypoglocemia in these small breeds can be life-threatening. Symptoms are walking around like they are drunk, seizing, listlessness....my breeder told me to check for hypoglocemia by calling their name or making a loud noise when they are asleep. If they are quick to respond then they are good...if they are slow to respond, they hare having a hypoglocemic attack. Just keep giving him the NutriCal every 3-4 hours and if he experiences any of these symptoms, take him to the vet for a glucose IV. I'm sure he'll be fine. He his just very young and he will need some time to get used to his new home and his new surroundings. I brought my little girl home at 7 weeks and she developed a small virus. She was sneezing and coughing. The vet said she was just getting used to the dust, air conditioner, ect. in our home. She was on antibiotics for a week and the virus went away.

Hope your little one feels better soon. You are good to give him wet food for now and making sure he is eating. You should also grind up some dry food and leave it out for him all day so he will always have food available. As he gets older and his teeth get bigger, you can start giving him whole kibbles and mixing it with the wet food. Then start weaning him off the wet food as it is bad for their teeth....but that can wait for awhile. The most important thing now is preventing that hypoglocemia.

Last edited by RLC12345678; 09-18-2006 at 07:03 PM.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!