View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #10
Chrissy0277
Its all about the yorkies
Donating Member

Back in September of last year, my 16 yr old yorkie Sunshine got sick. The first night she didnt eat her dinner, no big deal she tends to do that sometimes she ate her treats that day and was drinking normally. Later that night I boiled some chicken for her which I did when she didnt feel like eating her dinner, she got bored quickly. She ate it with no problem. That was thursday night, Friday morning I let all the girls outside and Sunshine vomited up the chicken just as if she just ate it, not digested at all. I called the vet got her in and they ran some bloodwork (I kinda suspected her kidneys she was 16 years old). They gave her some fluids and some meds and would call me the next day with the results. She slept all friday night just fine. Saturday morning (October 1st) my Fiance put her up on the bed with me when he left for work. I woke up that day and she was laying next to me shaking and was in a daze. At that moment I felt it, it was time, shes not going to pull through this. I called the vet and rushed her in. When we got there I was taken into the room and gotten the news shes in kidney failure and her levels were off the charts. I held her and knew that she was suffering. And they told me my options of taking her to university of penn and starting fluid treatments but its probably not going to be sucessful. She was 16 years old and hated to be away from home, I wasnt doing that to her. We had to put her to sleep, my fiance was at work and no one would come in for him so he could come home and say goodbye. I spoke to the vet and asked is she going to make it till tonight so Mike could say goodbye, he didnt think she was going to, I didnt either. I sat in that room with her for an hour talking to her and telling her how much Im going to miss her. I was 12 or 13 when I got her. So that Saturday morning I lost my Sunshine. It happened so quickly, she didnt look or even act 16, the day she got sick she was running around the yard barking at the neighbors dog. I miss her so much but accepted alot better then when I lost Gaylynn. I knew it was my Sunshine's time. Im still a wreck over it but I dont have all those what if questions in my head like I do with Gaylynn. I have all my babies privately creamated and I have them on a shelf with thier pictures. I still wake up some mornings looking for my Sunshine, shes always been there. It comforts me greatly knowing what a great life she had that I gave her. We have been through everything together, shes always been there.
It kills Mike that he couldnt be there but I had to do what was best for her at that time. Mike was so upset, about a week later on his day off one of the guys from his work called him to come in because the guy had to go home his dog was sick. Mike asked him where were you at when he needed help. That person didnt even think twice about helping him.
I can still smell my Sunshine sometimes, I swore a few times I heard her in the middle of the night.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!