View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 06:21 AM   #8
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I am single and work two jobs, but do work from home some of the time. I plan my schedule so that I can come home and check on Gracie and feed her. She does just fine kept in her x-pen with her crate inside of that. Two things to consider. Young puppies need to eat 3-4 times per day. My Gracie is 14 weeks old and still does not like dry food, so I have to be here to feed her once during the day. Yorkie puppies are prone to low blood sugar if they don't eat, and that could be deadly if it happens.

The second thing is the potty pads. Gracie can make a real mess with those, whether it be shredding them, moving them around or using them for the intended purpose. One episode of loose stools and you will understand what I mean. I usually clean up at least one poo during the day so she does not get playing and step in it and make a bigger mess. This is gross, but it is life.

My suggestion would be if you want a puppy (or two), to make arrangements for someone to check on it at least once during the day. Is there a friend, neighbor or perhaps a pet sitter you could hire to check on the baby when your brother cannot? When working day shift, you could consider doggie day car for one or two days per week as well. Singleness should not prohibit having a puppy, lots of us do it. You just need to prepare and plan ahead.

Good luck to you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!