Thread: God!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #15
ytsirk27
BANNED FOR SCAMMING MEMBERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze
I gave you a few links to a couple daycare forums a while ago, I hope you found them helpful.

I just sometimes get confused at your DC problems. Many DC providers receive payment before care to cut down on the problem of those parents who do not pay in time. No pay, no care. Yes, you may lose those headache parents if you stick to your guns and insist payment first but then you replace them with parents who follow your rules. It would save you all the headaches you have now.

When I did DC I would have a paid vacation as well but would give my parents 2 months notice first so they would have time to prepare and save for that week they needed to pay for two providers. Or I would add a couple dollars to their fees each week and let them know it was going toward my vacation week. $5 a week was easier for them that way then paying hundreds all at once.

I also made it clear that the parents were responsible to have an emergency back-up provider incase my children were sick and I was unavailable. They did not have to pay me for my child's sick time (why should they?), as too many people live paycheck to paycheck as it is, and it is not fair to hit them last minute with paying for daycare for two providers.

It was hard to lose the pay when my children were ill but it was not at fault of the parents.

I'm sorry about your little girl and hope she feels better. I know how hard DC can be, thats why I don't do it anymore. You should really try to review a few things to make it easier on you and both fair to you and the parents, it keeps everyone happy.

All the best!
I agree !However this was an emergency which i also state in my contract that I will give atleast a months notice UNLESS an emergency arises within my family. SHE signed it. Im not paying for her care. This mother only pays 27.00 a month for 3 kids...god forbid she has to pay out of her own damn pocket 100.00 for the week instead of mine and evberybody elses tax dollars. It wouldnt be quite so bad except for the fact two DAYS in a row i ahve seen her at walmart with the boyfriend...kids are where...OTHER DAYCARE ..she can go on down the road because im not paying...as for the other mom.....shes done unless she pays me Monday morning at 5:30 am....im not yelling at you im just stressed out and tired. please take no offense!
ytsirk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!