View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

When my neighbor got sick, I took his 16 year old dog in. I wasn't really wanting a pet at the time, and kinda got suckered into this. I told him I'd take care of the dog, cause I knew this man needed to go to the hospital, and wouldn't go because of his dog. After he got in the hospital, he told me he was going to get someone to come have him put down! I said "no way" I want George!

Every time I'd talk to my nieghbor when his dog was on the porch (many years), dog would never fail to bark sooo loud, I couldn't hear what his master was saying, lol.

But I loved the dog, seems from day 1, it was so strange. When I went over to get George, he never barked at me, and let me put his leash on him, and take him over here! I built him a house, and he sat there and watched me. Oh was that an ugly dog house! When I was through, he got right in it! LOL, gotta love a dog like that.

Wasn't long, he was unable to come up the 6" step to the house, so I built him a ramp. Ok, my relatives will never let me hear the end of that one, but hey, George came in and out for a good while, with no problem, using that ramp.

He continued to get worse as time went on, and got to the point where he'd go on himself. It like to have killed me to have him put down, but I knew his days were gone now, as he was about 18, blind, deaf, and couldn't get up anymore. I had to get my sis to meet me there, and drive me away.

So yea, I've taken an older dog, and in the meantime, I got my yorkie, Adonis. Adonis helped me through loosing George!

George was by far the dog of my dreams, probably just opposite. But I think in taking him in, it helped me make that decision to get my dream dog, Adonis. He also brought a lot of joy to my life. I'd walk him, and everyone in the neighborhood would ask if that was the same dog my neighbor had! Yea, was the same dog, good Dog food diet, lost weight, and he was walking lots better his last few years.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!