View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #17
dizpatch
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaw.
I appreciate all of your responses. I do not take any offense to those of you who spoke up about all aspects of the situation. It was not right to bring her in again....that is true. It was emotional.....not knowing what to do with Lucinda, how my autistic granddaughter would react, etc. etc. Thank you to everyone for all responses. Oh, I understand what you are saying about the airlines. We paid 160.00 to take her on the plane.
On another note. Not one person employed by the airline or security checked Lucinda over....did not even around in her bag. There was a man on the plane who just returned from Iraq. He sat by our dgt. He said that dogs are often use as carriers of explosives. It was so odd the way she was completely ignored.
I just want to say thank you! for not getting upset and angry and lashing out. Trust me I understand both sides. But to this day I just can not bring myself to take a furbaby in unless they are welcome. I know what I went through as a service dog handler. So for me it is my personal choice and I just want to thank you for accepting that.
BTW that was also my recent experiance at the airport. Security did not check her, nor did they put the wand over her. I was able to walk through the dector with her in our arms. That was the biggest surprise. I was not able to do that with our guide dog. I actually had to leave her on the otherside and give her a command to wait, when I went through the dector they gave me the ok to call her through & then they took the wand over. This was before 9/11

Muriel

Last edited by dizpatch; 09-11-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!