View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #31
Beatina
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybabe4me
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say thank you very much for all the warm welcomes and well wishes and also prayers.
I did go out and buy some vasiline this morning and put it on him. His skin is looking good. I am just waiting for all the dead skin to fall off. Is Oatmeal baths a good idea for a bath for him once a week or so. I am trying to cut down on bath time for him. I think the other problem is I also do Water therapy on him twice a week. It really help with movement. I do not put anything in the water. It is just him in his life jacket and me holding him doing the exercises in the water. I dry him as much as possible. I do not dare to use a blow dryer on him, because he is very jump right now after everything and I don't want to make him jumpier. He has to keep his neck still at all times. I have made him cervcial collars to wear to keep his neck straight.
I again thank you all for the info you have all given me. I am trying one thing at a time. I will keep you all updated on his progress.
He goes back to the surgent next Monday. I will let you all know how he makes out.
Have to run he is calling me.
Thank you again.
Val
Hi there,

I read your complete story and I also read all the insights everyone has placed. From what I have read I honestly think that you are bathing him too much. Maybe you should bath him everyother day..even if he is a little smelly. But to much water can dry his skin and it seems like that is were the problem starts. I recommed to continue the use of the vaseline and cut down on the washing. Let his natural oils help him heal back too.

Good luck to you, and you are a great mommy. I have been in a situation like you and I am glad that you never gave up on him.

Sincerely

B and Swat
Beatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!