View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
Juliealfies mum
YT 2000 Club Member

Dont feel guilty Mitchell ,I know exactly how you feel My 1st yorkie was called Max and we had to have him put to sleep at 13 years old it was a very hard decision.
We then got my mum a puppy called Pebbles and my mum was like you it took her a while to accept the dog even though she was the one to ask for one but once it came she found it hard to accept that our Max was gone.
Gradually the little puppy won her over she was nothing like Max in nature or in any other way she had her own little personallity. Little by little she inched her way into my mum's heart.they are not a replacement for the little one you had but they will find their own space within your heart believe me there is plenty of in room there,it just takes time to adjust.
You did the best you could for your little Max and you know deep down it was the right thing to do but it is not easy!
Our little Pebbles is now 13 1/2 years old but we have never forgotten our Max.
I now have 2 little yorkies of my own whom I love to bits ,due to circumstances and work commitments its taken me all this time since I lost my Max to get a yorkie of my own but I love them to bits but I will always love Max and kkep in my heart!
I hope you saddness fades as time goes by but give little Bailey a chance to worm his way into your heart.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!