View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
mitchell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Does the feelings of Guilt ever go away?

Hi, some of you may have read my thread that I posted on the 3rd of August 06 when my beloved Yorkie Max had to be put to sleep due to a Brain Tumour..very sudden and so very sad for all of us..still find it terribly difficult to talk about him without crying...even doing the simplest of things makes me upset. Anyway a few weeks ago my husband came home and presented me with a box with a huge bow on the top and inside was...yep you've guessed it, a 12 week old male yorkie pup....to say I was shocked was an understatement not least because I had said to him that I didn't want another dog so soon..couldn't even imagine another dog taking Max's place...anyway the pup has been named Bailey and is obviously here to stay..I'm not that cruel but can anyone tell me, does the guilt of having another dog in the house ever go away? At times I feel so retched and guilty that this pup is on our bed where Max always loved to be...it's not that I don't adore Bailey but the constant feelings of guilt is really getting me down...haven't even told people about Bailey apart from my immediate family that we have another dog incase they will judge me and think I never cared enough for Max...just wondered if this is normal as Max was my first dog and so I haven't experience anything like it before. Has anyone got any advice as to how to get over these feelings? Even taking the pup for it's first walk was so emotional for me...really feel so alone right now that I don't know what to do..will these feelings go in time or are they something I have to live with...sorry to go on but I only feel you guys on this forum will understand. Thanks

Last edited by mitchell; 09-08-2006 at 09:08 AM.
mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!