View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #34
Brookef18
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Omg My Baby came from a pet shop

I got my baby from a pet shop ( I know it's the worst thing in the whole world and some think he isn't even a real yorkie because of where he came from) I KNOW BETTER NOW... I'm reminded every time some one asks where he came from believe me! But I will say Chewy has been hand friendly from day one. Never been sick with anything so far...(He's almost 5 months) he's fully potty trained with no accidents, and he has won all our hearts! We take him everywhere and he loves people and other dogs... (He hates to be groomed... But I hated the hair brush as a kid too! We're working in it!) I am not saying go to a pet store! Not the best idea... trust me, i worry about his health every single day now...
I have heard tons of horror stories from people who bought their dogs from breeders they thought were really good only to find out later they were not so great and thier dogs had problems anyway. Some people have the puppy shipped to them and they have never met the breeder or seen where the little baby really came from... One woman I talked to said her breeder was in Brizil!
How do you know for sure if your breeder is really a fantastic breeder with healthy pups unless you know them personally or they have an awsome reputation? This is not an attack on any breeders on Yorkie Talk! I think this site is great to get a feel for how much every one loves their dog... Sharing info about breeders is one huge help in finding a good breeder who really cares about their babies.
All that said I think unless you know of someone you can really trust as a breeder you take your chances like i did with my little guy! Not nessasarily a bad thing, but prepare your self just incase.
And just a thought... Cesar Millan...The Famous Dog Whisperer has out door Kennels for his 40 something dogs... He loves them and they love him right back!!!!! I would never keep my baby out side but he does it and his dogs are very sweet!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!