View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
rdt253
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question ^^Put deposit on Yorkie^^ Did i do the right thing????HELP!!

Hello All!! This is my first post, although i have been reading this forum for a good 3 hours now. And I have some questions and concerns that I'm sure you Yorkie experts can help address!

I have been looking into buying a little yorkie and after 3 weeks of researching and searching half of texas, i finally found what i think is the best deal (or so i hope!).

I found this little guy through an internet ad. The breeder is located near Austin and i recently went up to look at the guy and leave a $100 deposit.

When I got there, it wasn't the nicest of neighborhoods. Upon arrival, i noticed that there were two yorkies in decent size cages in her backyard covered with a tarp to avoid direct sunlight and other overhead elements. This didn't impress me much. After talking to her for a while, it seemed like she knew what she was doing as well as showing a strong affection for her animals. She then proceeded to show me where the mommy and puppies were. They were being kept inside an air-conditioned decent-sized shack in her back-yard as well. The 3 puppies were there with the mom and were being fed Eukanuba according to her. This is her first litter and she owns a total of three yorkies. The mother of my future puppy weighs 4 lbs and the father weighs 3lbs. I am purchasing this puppy for $1,000. He is the smallest of the litter, and while i was there wasn't eating as much as his brother and sister.

She also stated that he received his first deworming, had his dewclaws removed, and tail done as well. The puppy right now is 5 weeks old and i should be picking him up at the end of Sept. Both parents and puppies are AKC registered and even showed me the form i'd be mailing upon purchase. She also offered to give me copies of the parents AKC papers upon purchase as well.

My questions are, What types of things should i be concerned for. Is there anything else that i should ask her before paying the remainder. It being her first litter made me a little uneasy. The father and mother looked healthy but weren't groomed or bathed. She claimed they were to be bathed the following day.

Any advice and feedback is greatly appreciated. Sorry for a long post! Below are pictures of the little guy and his parents.

The first picture is of the mom, second of the dad, and the other two are of the actual puppy. I think i'm going to name him Petrie !!!
Attached Thumbnails
^^Put deposit on Yorkie^^ Did i do the right thing????HELP!!-get-attachment-3.aspx.jpg   ^^Put deposit on Yorkie^^ Did i do the right thing????HELP!!-get-attachment-4.aspx.jpg   ^^Put deposit on Yorkie^^ Did i do the right thing????HELP!!-get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg   ^^Put deposit on Yorkie^^ Did i do the right thing????HELP!!-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  
rdt253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!