View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #4
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp
I am planning on getting a Yorkie. It will be my first dog. At the moment, I have two planted aquariums (5 gallon, 20 gallon). I am ready to add a new companion to my already great companions.

I would like to know any info you can give for a newbie owner. Some things I'd be interested in: Terrier or Yorkie book/dvd recommendations, special accessories, food recommendations, Yorkie info sites, and any other knowledge you'd like to share.
"The Complete Yorkshire Terrier" by Joan Gordon is my yorkie bible. Got it off ebay for a decent price, others get theirs from amazon.com. This site is one of the best, lots of good information, "whatever" has happened to someone here before.

As far as food, whatever your breeder is feeding is probably what you will stay with initially. Then, slowly introduce any new food. There are numerous good foods out there, Merricks, Royal Canin, Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lovers Soul, etc. Do your research and often it depends on just what they will eat.

When will you be getting your yorkie? Good luck and congratulations. You've come to a great place for advice, friendship and more.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!