View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #39
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blessing
The news media is the best source in getting on this and they will be there in a jiffy, believe me something will be done quickly.
((((((((((VI)))))))))))) that poor dog next to you, I do hope that it got ok, and that it got a loving home. What did they do to the owner???? Hopefully it wasn't just ignored, the owners should be prosecuted for animal cruelity. I also read a post where a dog can't be removed because of filthy conditions and I don't go along with that, I believe any pet that is left in filthy living conditions is ABSOLUTELY CRUEL and it is irresponsable on the animal control or officials to allow it to stay, this is my opinion on that, and I stand firm on my feelings there. I think there is toooo much time spent in our area of coming up with law after law and then not enforcing the ones that are already there to protect animals. Out here in Calif. in the area we are, the new laws, I think it is just a way of getting more money so that the elected officials can give themselves more salary raises and more raises. Sorry but that is exactly how I feel. Patti
I totaly agree with you. Actually I think Houston will cite people who let animals live in filthly conditions and they follow up on it ...if the owner doesn't rectify the problem next visit - he stands to be fined and taken to court & possibly lose his animals - whatever kind they are.

In the case of the White dog - they estimated him at about a year old and SAID he was adopted out after being treated. I WANT to believe they didn't put him down and spoke to the Animal Control officer Ernie quite a few times about this dog - he promised me he did get adopted - He even wrote me a letter a few months later with Autographed pictures of himself LOL and said he went to a nice home.

With the White Dog - The owners were NOT fined because they surrendered the animal.

wow - didn't mean to write a book !
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!