View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
kriston
Donating Yorkie Yakker

We got a local computer repair guy to come to our house and set it all up with high security. He is the same guy that does the computer setup and maintenance at our office. You can list the websites that you want to allow your child to visit and the computer guy can lock out any questionable sites that you don't want her to have access to. He set ours up through the cable TV. I am a technological idiot so that is about all that I am qualified to share with you. On the other side of the coin, however, I can tell you that we absolutely LOVE having WiFi!!! We put off doing it for a couple of years because of the expense, but it got to the point that we were all fighting over the internet and "calling it first" so I bit the bullet and called our Computer Guy and now we can all surf on the internet at the same time!
Now that we each have our own wireless laptop it is very liberating! Once you do it, you'll wonder how on earth you ever got along without it. You'll appreciate the ability to be on the internet while you are on the couch in front of the TV, or setting it in the kitchen on the countertop while you are cooking in the evening. You can even sit out on the back deck on Sunday Mornings and read YT while you drink your coffee!!! I hope this isn't too lengthy and that it helps in your decision making process.

Kriston
Very Proud to be Lola, Ted, & baby Chip's Human!
"Puppy kisses are GOOOOOD medicine!"
kriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!