View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #25
JiggityJig
YT 1000 Club Member

She was precious, and I'm so so sorry that this happened.

I'm sorry if this question brings more pain but....were you allowed to see her, or to have her body, in order to say goodbye, and have closure?

Again, my most sincere sympathy. These dogs are our BABIES, and it's so hard to think about something so awful happening to them.

Quote:
Ok, I will be completely honest with you and its my opinion so here goes...

If I were in your position, I would totally be mad at the pet sitter even though - yes mistakes do happen but you really can't help it but to place blame. you know that you SHOULDN'T be mad at her but sometimes you can't help it. On top of letting go of your dog, since she's a breeder that you buy from. she should've offered you a free pup IF you wanted one. Out of all people, she should know how it feels to lose a dog.

I'm not saying my opinion is right but I'm being completely honest.
Have to say, these would be my thoughts and feelings as well. I don't know if it would be the RIGHT way to feel, but I think it would be the HUMAN way to feel.

Maybe it's easy to say, when I'm NOT a breeder....but if I WAS....I def. think that I would have offered to replace her out of my first litter, and given you first pick. I mean, this was a service you were paying for, that she supposedly specializes in...if you were "that kind" of person, she could be looking at a lawsuit. Maybe that's what she was afraid of, and was trying to head it off by talking (immediately!) about giving you a "bargain" on another pup.

Ugh. It's not fair that these helpless and frustrated feelings of anger have to interfere with your grieving process. HUGS from us all, as we all remember your baby angel, may she romp in peace.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!