View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
myjordash
YT Addict

I need to chime in here too. I just sold 3 puppies, and one has gone to his new home so far, but I am SOOOOO confident in the people I chose for my puppies. I KNOW there are bad breeders, but I think there are also just as many BAD customers!!! I had people call me thinking they were buying a car. Like someone called and said, I will come over right now with XXX$ in cash if you will accept it. Like as if I was selling a car. I explained to him that just because you have cash, doesn't mean you are the best person for the puppy. I don't just sell my puppies to the first person with cash! I was so hurt and disgusted! Then he called back and said, OK, I will come with the amount you asked, and i again explained that this is not the way I choose my families for my puppies. He sounded like an 18 yr old punk!

I also had someone come over to see the pups with their 6 yr old girl. I told her that I did not want her to pick up the puppies. If she wanted to pet one, to tell me and I would pick up the puppy for her and let her pet him/her. Well wouldn't you know as soon as I turn my back for a second, she picks up a pup and the nail gets caught on her dress. Then the Lady puts the puppy on the Guy's lap, who is sprawled out on my couch, and he says "yeah, its fine", and then the puppy crawls in between his legs, and I am waiting for him to help the puppy as he is now inching towards the end of the seat and I was afraid he would fall to the ground, so I am waiting, and he refuses to help the puppy, so I finally picked up the puppy from between his legs, and said "we wouldn't want the puppy to fall and get hurt now would we!" Needless to say, i decided NOT to sell the puppy to them either.

Then an older woman came who was happy to hand over the money and take the puppy regardless of the age, or weight, and said she just wanted to make sure she could see the pup so she doesn't sit or step on the poor baby. And didn't wanted me to ensure the pup wouldn't move too fast for her. Again, not a good match!

And how about the Mother and Daughter that came and the Mother was sooooo concerned as to whether the pup would EVER have an accident on her carpet and I should make sure the puppy was fully trained by 8 to 10weeks, and that they would be leaving the puppy in a cage for 14 to 15 hours a day!

And last would be all the people that called saying they were looking for a teacup that would be under a pound full grown!!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!!

I am sooooooo happy that I was selective with the process and got GREAT families for my babies, even if it did mean lowering the price to have a better selection of families!!!
myjordash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!