Thread: Was I lied to?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 AM   #13
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default pusp

I know I am hard nosed about his subject. I have breeder friends who live in remote areas, but none resort to a pet shop..the reason is..there is not enough money on the face of this earth to see our babies sitting in a cage waiting for a buyer to come along.
Do the pups stay in the store at night, all alone? What if there is a burglery or fire..this could happen in my home also, BUT at least I am here to do my best to protect them..and another biggy in my book, the store owner is legally bound to sell to anyone, no matter they may have 6 children under 6 yrs, 50 other dogs, live in their car and many other deal killers..
I am too dogmatic, but Yorkies are worth being insane about...

Why would a system of referrals not work? A pet shop owner could have a list of breeders, they could refer a buyer to one, the buyer actually goes to the breeder, pet shop owner gets a percentage, no pups in pet shops...
JOIN a Yorkie club, they have referral lists for anyone with pups..but they do not charge. No one in a club has to be concerned about not placing pups, members help each other.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!