Thread: Was I lied to?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I got my Yorkie from a small family owned pet store that has been in business for more than 50 years where I live.

The store I purchased my pup from said that they were personal friends of the woman who had bred the two little Yorkies that they had for sale.

A few weeks after I purchased my pup, the papers to register it came to me in the mail. The breeder's name was on the papers - and I contacted her. She said that "yes" -- she was a personal friend of the man who owned the pet store and that he had helped her sell puppies previously. She lives in Montana ----way out in the country and has always had trouble getting people to go that far out (and not get lost) to see the puppies she has for sale. She says that she can usually sell one or two of them, but usually needed help to sell the final one or two. So - she literally drove more than 300 miles to bring them to her friend's pet store so that he could help her find homes for them.

She and I have E-mailed one another many times. I have learned about my pup's parents and the fact that this was the 4th and last litter they will be having. I know their weights, colors, personalities, and she has even E-mailed me pictures.

So - what can I say. The store I got my pup from was telling the truth. But, again -- this is a small family owned pet store that has been in business for more than 50 years and has a very good reputation -- It isn't one of the larger chain-type pet stores.

So - remember - even though you may not believe everyone -- sometimes - people are honest and are telling the truth!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!