View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #21
DazzlinYT
YT Addict

I choose not to give rabies vaccination for a few reasons: 1. Too many reactions 2. if my yorkies were to go against a rabid animal, rabies would be the least of their (or my) concerns..they would likely be eaten or dead...therefore we don't let any rabid animals into the house..lol 3. risks of health problems (cancer, etc.) from over vaccination, etc. NOTHING goes into or onto my dogs that doesnt have to be there.

As for flying w/ no rabies.. I'm not going to say.. sure do it. If a new owner of one of my dogs chooses to vaccinate for rabies, that is their decision, and their right to choose. Some airlines require a health cert for onboard pets, some don't. For a health cert, yes they have to have rabies vaccine. I think it is up to the individual what they choose to do with their own pets. I realize it is the law to vaccinate for rabies. I choose to disobey that law. I do rabies vaccinate the dogs I show if I have any question as to their temperament...and the off chance they would snap at a judge or spectator. I have only had to do this once...I tend not to have dogs with nasty temperaments, and I no longer own that dog...that was only to cover my own butt, and keep the dog out of quarantine should the worst happen.

That's my 2 cents worth on Rabies vaccinations.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!