Thread: Was I lied to?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeselover8481
Btw, the breeder that I bought my dog from was not going to breed anymore. She just wanted her dog to give birth once or twice. i Selling them to the pet store was her last resort.
Selling to a pet store is never a last resort of any sort. A pet store does not screen and don't care where those puppies go. A pet store cannot advise about the care of a puppy.
Once you have taken the responibility to breed regardless if it is 'just one litter or two' , those pups are the breeders responsibility until suitable homes are found even if the pup gets to be 6 months old or more.
Moreover, a reputable breeder will always take a puppy back at any time in its lifetime if the original purchaser cannot keep it regardless of the reason.
My contract stipulates that clause that will not allow third party sales and none of my puppies can be given to other members of family other than a spouse.
If all breeders took responsibility for what they are doing we wouldn't need SPCA's and rescues. If a breeder can't or won't be responsible for their pups, simply don't breed.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!