View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 03:36 AM   #14
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Thanks, Ygeorge! The most important thing we have learned is repetition and to be consistent! If Patrick or I work with her on something new, we always show the other and we make sure that we both use the same one word command [sometimes it may take 2-3] and it doesn't take her long to learn! Since we are in a hotel suite until we get settled in here in Colorado, she misses Papa while he is at the office so I would hold her up to see him from the window when he would leave. The window sill is wide so one afternoon I put a couple of little boxes like a stair and with a treat lured her up and onto one of her little beds which I placed on the windowsill. I would say "where's Papa"? After about three times, I just said "where's Papa"? and she flew over and up in the windowsill on her own!! It was soooo funny! So now when he goes out the door she watches until she sees him in the parking lot when he leaves and the amazing thing is that in the afternoon she seems to "sense" when it's time for him and watches from her little "perch" until she sees him in the parking lot!! These are without a doubt the smartest little creatures I have ever seen!!!
Chester will probably get so curious [or jealous] about the bag, I'll bet he will want to try it!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!