View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #44
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette
To those who have their furbabies go outside, how old are they? and do they roam free the rest of the day or are they in a crate? I'm new here and only have my yorkie poo for a week, although she is 14 months old. Thanks

I only own my 1st Yorkie for 1 year and 1 month, and our baby Yorkie is 4 months. With both this is how I trained them.

Playpen from the time she woke up, ate and did her potty. When my eyes could be on her, she ran lost thru the house but on wood floors only. (no carpets) I would leave the door open to the playpen, as soon as she would go thru that door and potty on the pad inside her playpen, it was time to give her run of that end of the house, even while I was dosing in my chair or doing dishes. She was ready. We did the same one with #2 Yorkie (now only 4 months old & trained 75%) The only difference is we bought another playpen, have 2 connected and a panel in between, so altho they are together, they also have their own space within the playpen. They are great together and apart. Chloe has had enough of the puppy by 1-PM, so at this point Sissy goes to the small crate next to my bed (Chloe's old bedtime place) and Chloe sleeps with me in my bed (which she totally tries to push me out of)

They both run for the P.pad for both "duties" but if Sissy had her own way, she would be in bed with us at night. I think it is important to not allow that for Chloe's sake, (until she is older) Chloe hasn't shown signs of jealousy and loves Sissy. (Maybe this is why?) They both sleep together for naps when I am home, they look like a Daniel Boone hat without the tail (my atvitar right now shows them curled together)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!