View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #37
newmommy
Keep Me Away From eBay
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl000
My husband and I were both in Navy A school. My best friend Tiffany and I were walking out of the store and I saw a boy waving from the passenger side of the truck with a HUGE dorky smile. I didn't know who he was and my friend Tiffany talks to ALOT of guys (I'm more shy) so I pushed her and said, "That dude is waving at you." She said she didn't know him. She thought the guy driving the truck was cute though and after we dropped our stuff off in our barracks she had us rush down to go see if the truck was still driving around, which wasn't. I just had a boyfriend (we only dated a couple of weeks) who left the week before, we were as good as broken up because we weren't sure if we'd ever see each other again because he had new orders. So I was sad and not interested in talking to guys at all.

That coming weekend we were bored. It was our first weekend there with NO plans. I had tried calling my friend in Chicago with a car, but that fell through because he had a date who didn't like him talking to me. So we were bored walking down the street on the base. Then across the street someone yelled, "Hey, you guys wanna go drinking?" We said, "What the heck, we didn't have any plans anyways." So we went across the street to the two boys, one being John and his friend. John tried to talk to me, but he was much taller than me 6'1'' and I'm 5'2" so he kept asking me to repeat myself. So I ended up talking more to the shorter guy while my best friend talked to John. Then we met up with more of his friends on the train. John played with the zipper on Tiffany's pants so I figured he liked her. I really didn't care, I was still kind of heartbroken from my last boyfriend.

So we got off of the L train and walked around Chicago with all of these people. The other boy started acting really interested in me. But he got drunk and lame really quick and John told me the other guy had a gf. So we ended up walking through Chicago with a whole bunch of drunk people. John and I were the only ones sober so we called ourselves the babysitters and really got to know eachother. I guess being the only sober and mature ones made us bond. A whole bunch of the people with us ended up breaking off and going home on the train so they wouldn't get in trouble.

We will NEVER forget one of the first things we talked about was our favorite chinese food which we said at the same time, "general tso's chicken." He was so funny and sweet. My friend Tiffany told me that he liked me and tried to get us together. Finally she made us sit down on some steps and take pictures, she told him to kiss me and he did.

After that day I couldn't wait to see him again and since that day it's just been better and better. I met his mother and LOVED how sweet he was to her, he loved doing little things for her like taking in groceries or helping her out, even she said that he's the most helpful and thoughtful of all of her children. He has been the same with me through our whole marriage he loves doing things for me. He's a wonderful husband. Then I brought him to my nephews birthday party and my cousins had so much fun with him, they adored him as much as I did. He loved kids and I knew he would be a great father, which he is.

I'm so sorry this got so long... he's underway with the ship in the navy so I'm really missing him. They are blocked from communicating with us over the email so I REALLY miss him. Oh, and the yorkie thing. He's not that crazy about her, but he told me I could pick out any dog I wanted. He still takes care of her and cleans up her messes, but he's not attached to her. I think it will take him time. After all, it took him two years to like the cat. But when he was a kid his dad used to get rid of animals he was attached to, so I think that's what his issue is. Anyways, thanks for listening.

(((hugs))) thats got to be hard !!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!