View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
SweetCuteness
I <3 Ferdinand
Donating Member

Default What treats should I use to train my baby boy?

I have a brand new baby yorkie - he's 10 weeks old and we just got him two weeks ago. He was being really good with the potty training and going outside every time I took him out there. But the treats I've been giving him have been giving him diarrhea

I originally bought some tiny little regular dog bone treats, but even when I broke them up they were still way to big for his mouth. Then I bought some Milkbone Original Dog Treats that say they're great for training, but they're still way too big for my little Ferdinand. So finally I bought some Pup-peroni Lean, and cut them up into little bite size pieces for him. However, like I said earlier, these seem to give him diarrhea... which is a mess for me, and can't be fun for him.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use for treats to train him? He seemed to be learning really quickly, but I stopped using those treats, and now he just runs wild and never goes potty outside anymore.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions! This is my first puppy on my own, and I've never had a little dog, let alone tried to train one.

~Britta
(& Ferdinand too!)
SweetCuteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!