View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
cribal
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I would be nothing but nice to him from this point forward. Tell him that he has your best wishes for a life in South Carolina. Tell him that he needs to come over to your house to talk with you and hubby. Then when he gets there, tell him that you love him and support his decision to move, but that you are not paying for ANYTHING of his anymore. Tell him the reason you pay for stuff is because you enjoy his company and his sister needs him, and that he is in school. If he doesn't go to school next semester and live with his sister as planned, then you aren't holding up your end of the deal either. You don't want him to think that he can have his cake and eat it, too. If he wants to run off with this girl that he is not engaged to and live like an adult and make adult decisions, then he is going to have to have all the responsibility that comes with it. That includes paying for ALL his own stuff. CUT HIM OFF!
Great post. This is exactly what I was going to say. I know I'm only 24 but I think at the age of about 22 (That gives time for 4 years of college) then kids should be cut off anyway. They have to grow up sometime. Once I turned 16 and was able to work I was cut off except having a roof over my head (I paid for my own car, car ins....everything!). At 18 I chose to move out on my own and that was IT. I came back home one time for only a couple months to save up money for a deposit on a place b/c a bad relationship left me without a home.

Crystal
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!