View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:20 AM   #14
lucindaw.
Senior Yorkie Talker

I went through the same thing that you are facing. The truth is that nothing will remove the odor enough to stop the peeing. Dogs have 200% more ability to smell than we humans. Also the urine soaks to the underlayment. Here is what happened to us. 3 years ago when we bought this house, the carpet had urine stains. We had it cleaned by a company that claimed to remove the stains and the smell but it did not work. Our dogs still used the same areas as before cleaning. So we had all new carpet laid. But they still kept going in the same spot. I googled the situation (should have done it first) and learned the sad truth. We pulled up some of the new carpet and the odor that filled the room about made us puke. All that urine...from the dogs before and our dogs was in the under layment so there was no way that it could be cleaned out. Last year we bit the bullet and my husband laid wood floors. Wish we had just known this from the beginning although we probably would have tried anything before believing that we had to get rid of all of the new carpet. Good luck.
lucindaw. is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!