View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
Missy1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Please help my yorkie to sleep!

I got my little six week yorkie on the 28.07.06. I put a really large box next to my bed for her to sleep in at night (crate training). Every time she cried i picked her up into my bed and consoled her and put her back in her box, i felt really sorry for her as she is so little and i presumed she would be missing her mommy and her littermates! My hubby warned me that i was spoiling her! I have had her a week and a bit and cannot get her to sleep alone at night! She comes with me to work and lies by the heater on her bed and has no problems falling asleep by herself, but at night she is a horror and will not fall asleep unless you hold her! I would like her to sleep in the bathroom or kitchen, but i have tried both and she just screams blue murder! I put the heater on for her and i put a hot water bottle under her blankets, but she screams until i pick her up! She is driving me mad! Last night i tried ignoring her but she cried so bad im scared she will injure her heart or something! I need to get her to be alone as i am not always going to be able to take her everywhere and would like her to stay in the kitchen while im away! Should i just close the door and leave her to cry? Is this cruel and how long can i leave her alone at night? Would her lying with us in bed for a while until im ready for bed be making it worse! Please help i dont want to dislike my dog because of her bad sleeping!
Missy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!