Thread: need some help
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #14
jodiodeeo
Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy Fleas

Hi Gina! I hope you don't mind me talking about this on your thread - if you want me to move it or go PM, let me know. Rebecca - sounds like you're a wealth of information. I am completely freaked about fleas also. Luckilly in Colorado - we don't have the nice moist warm temps they like.

However, I got a rescue dog this weekend from Kansas. He is a yorkie/papillon mix that I found on Petfinder - and picked up Friday from a rescue shelter. It's a really long story - but we brought him home and I found a flea on him . This was after he'd already checked out all the rooms, jumped on my kids beds (rubbing his face on everything) etc. I'd lived with a family who's cats had fleas - so I know what a flea infestation is like.

The shelter person had given me a thing of Frontline - so I applied that on Saturday. I've washed all my kids bedding and sprayed carpets and the furniture with Zodiac FleaTrol and vacuumed - I'm just completely freaked.

It's kind of sad because we just want to enjoy our new addition - but I don't want to let him in the carpeted area of the house until I know all is well.

The other thing is - he was neutered last Monday - so can't be washed until Wednesday . I just want to clean him!!! So, once he's clean, how do I know it's safe to let him in the rest of the house? He's still itching behind his ear - but there shouldn't be anything biting him anymore right? I'm guessing the bite still itches?

HELP!!!

Jodi
jodiodeeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!