Thread: need some help
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 AM   #11
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Rae
oh no, lexi scratches by her ears all the time, i thought is was dry skin.
she also rubs her face on the carpet... could they be sand fleas, we do go to the beach... we dont have any grass or anything like that... now im itching..
Oh No ......I know exactly what you mean......I NEVER thought my babies would have fleas. I never saw fleas AND I use Frontline and Sentinel (both are supposed to prevent fleas) so I thought there was NO WAY my babies could have fleas. But, they did. And I was absolutely freaked out when I found out. I even took them to the emergency vet But, now that I know that it is just a really bad year for fleas and that they are everywhere and I can't get away from them, I have really learned how to control them and prevent them really really well. I am serious, when I put that Frontline Plus on them, they stop itching right away. I have noticed that the Frontline Plus wears off after 3 weeks, not a month like they claim (at least for us). My vet said I could put it on them every 2 weeks, but I am doing it every 3 weeks to prevent the fleas BEFORE they get them and start itching. I also use Seargent's Flea-Stop Oatmeal flea and tick shampoo on them when I give them a bath once a week. It is just some stuff I got at Wal-Mart, but it really has helped and it smells great and makes they fur SOOOOO incredibly soft and shiny! I LOVE it! I know there is someone else on YT that uses it, too, and her yorkie is SOOOO shiny!

Honestly, it would probably be better news if Lexi has fleas than something more serious like allergies or skin infection or something, you know?! At least you can clear up fleas really fast and learn to prevent them whereas if it is allergies, you may have to go through all kinds of tests, allergy shots, etc.

What kind of flea preventative are you using? If it does turn out to be fleas and you are having a hard time controling them, please get in touch with me! I'll help you out! I promise I'm as freaked out about fleas as you are!
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!