Thread: terrified
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
Toby'sMama
Donating YT Addict

I know that it is very hard to see your baby getting old! I went through it with my first baby a few years ago. I was lucky that I had 17 years with her! Her last few years she was blind, and she still had a very good life. I still took her with me most of the places I went, and would just let her know if there was something to watch out for. She got pretty good when I said "be careful" to know there was either a step or something she might run into. As she got older, I kept her at home where she was familiar with the surroundings. When I could tell that her "quality of life" wasn't good, I made the decision I had to, and let her go.

Many people suggested that I get her the surgery so she could see -- but I felt that it would be harder on her, as I couldn't explain why she was going to the vet, and why I was putting her through the pain of surgery and recovery. She gave me 17 wonderful years, and my memories of her are of all the good times and laughter she gave me. As everyone else has said -- enjoy the time you have with your baby... give them lots of love and attention, and when it's time, you know you have given your baby the best life ever!
Toby'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!