View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #47
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

I understand what goes into breeding. We breed quarter horses. They is even a greater price increase there because you only get one baby to make back your vet costs & such. The only problem I have is the cost of these small breed dogs compared to other purebreds. I understand why they cost more. One you don't get as many puppies as larger breeds, & two it's supply & demand. Yorkies are still a somewhat rare breed in some areas & they are very hot right now because of celebrities. There are more people that want them then there are puppies available therefore higher prices. Take for example the breeder I got Logan from. The lady has a male & female only. They live in her home & she takes wonderful care of them. When I bought Logan a year ago he was $400. He is on the bigger side, but the picture of health. He is very smart & has a great personality. I contacted her to buy Logan a sister. She has raised her prices $200 in the past year because everyone told her how cheap her pups were that she could get more for them. $600 is still cheap, however, it proves my point that she did not raise the prices to cover expenses she raised the prices because there is such a great demand for these little guys that some people will pay any price just to own one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!