Thread: Home School?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #10
RRRJeep861
No Longer a Member

I have a son that for what ever reason up to the 7th. grade was fine in school.Then in the 8th. the problems of going to school started. It was a battle to get him there. In the 9th. school started and and I could'nt get him there. It was really bad . I was at a loss as to what to do . I new NOTHING about home schooling but I figured I had about a week to stall the scool before they started asking where he was. I was so overwhelmed by the information and procedures I needed to do and fill out, I thought theres no way I can do this in this short amount of time. Then I stumbled upon a home schooling of sorts that was online schooling or electronic schooling. That was an answer to my prayers. I just enrolled him and they e-mail all his homework, he does it at his own pace, and he e-mails it back for correction. If it wasn't for this alternative he would have dropped out of school. Now at least it aloud him to graduate. It worked out wonderful in our situation, he always did his work and I never had to ask " Did you do your homework today?" It was always done because he was so relieved to be home and away from the school that he was stressed to be in. He recieved c's and d's in school and a's and b's online. I really admire the mom's that are able to home school their kids by themselves, doing all the curriculum is a lot of work.My hats off to ya.
RRRJeep861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!