Thread: Home School?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 04:20 AM   #6
yorkieangel
Rescue Angel

I think we have the best of both worlds here where I live.
First of all the public school here is THE BEST. The onlything that keeps me here living where I do is the schooling for my children. It ACTUALLY is like a throwback to the old days the schools are so good here. No worries about fights and knives and guns and all the crazy stuff you here now adays . Nobod even uses LOCKS on the lockers. It just isn't like that here. they have $2 school dances for all the grades and provide punch and games and music for free . It's REALLY like astep back and I LOVE IT!
Home schooling is ALSO very popular here. Lots and Lots of families have this here too and don't do it because the schools are bad but mostly believe it or not.. like a religious thing is he best way I can explain it. Lots of big families here and the Moms homeschool or a group from the same church gets together for group homeschooling. The kids are WELL socialized with the other regular schools through activites and even participate in any things like sports or math or whatever compitions with the regular school when ther are special contests.
I think the key to home schooling is you have to be very STRICT with actually doing for the children on a schedule and really making a SCHOOL TIME... and also involving the kids in lots of public activities or church activities. You can usually find other homeschooling groups to hook up with.
One more thing.....Home schooling supplies and curriculum tend to be pricey, so I suggest looking online or somewhere else for used books and things for this. It's funny because around here you can't swing a cat at a yardsale without coming across a few grades of homeschooling materials that someone is finished with

Last edited by yorkieangel; 08-01-2006 at 04:22 AM.
yorkieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!