Thread: Home School?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #3
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougetthesmiles
As the school year is approaching us quickly, I'm so hesitant with my 16 yr old going to the High School. I have heard so many people tell me horror stories of this school. The kids are all labled by the kids and teachers. If you don't have money and dress nice, then you are ridiculed. This school looks more like a prison then a school. So my question to you is, does anyone else home school there children and how did you get started?
My husband and I both have agreed this is something we may want to check into.
Hi Missy,
If you and your husband feel this is something you want to look further into and your daughter is wanting to do this, I can't see any reason why you shouldn't. We never home schooled, but our daughter did and she now has a son in college and her daughter will be starting next year, her kids are very well educated and have no problem in socializing, but through all the years doing this they would have get togethers with other home schooling parents and students. They are very active in their church. The two oldest have had no problem getting part time jobs and Her oldest daughter is planning to major in music, so talented excellent in playing piano and she gives lessons. Her other daughter plays violin. I really can't say they have missed out on anything by not attending the public schools. It is a shame the public schools are in the dilema that they are, and I can honestly see why many parents are home schooling now. I really couldn't see it back when our daughter started but I never said anything, and it has all been great for them. I know you and your husband have best interest at heart for your daughter and this is good, your daughter is very fortunate to have caring parents such as yourselves, wishing you each the best upon whatever decision you make. Patti
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!