View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I just wanted to reply to your post to let you know that you are not alone. I have my own personal housetraining techniques that really work, however it is a 24/7 job for several weeks. Basically you must get to know your dog and learn his body language. When he "tells" you that he needs to go potty, then you head towards the door, call him and do the bell thing (since you are training with the bells). You cannot EVER slack off during the training period. That means if the most exciting part of your favorite TV show comes on and Rocco needs out, then you go right then, not in two minutes. Being consistent in this way pays off in the end.

Often times Yorkies will train you to take them outside for playtime. What I do is take my crew out on a leash. They have a "potty" area outside and a "play" area. They go to the potty area first, after busines is taken care of then they have an opportunity to have some play time. About 5 minutes of playtime reinforces the fact that going outside means potty first and then PLAY PLAY PLAY!
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!