View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesmom622
i would have said to the owner then please take care of your dog
im not gonna argue since it is My opinion but
i think another puppy playing is not a reason for another dog to snip i still would have scolded my dog cause if he didnt wanna play he should have stayed home
i think it is good for big & little dogs to socialize as long as you do it right i would never put my little dog to play with a 100 pound BOUNCIng dog but a calm one i dont see why not
Austin is a well socialized dog now i dont let him play with every huge dog but hes been with a few good ones and he loves it if they get to ruff both of us pull our dogs away
i think if you constantly coddle you little dog just cause there little youll have a dog that can play nice at all
ok im done again this is only my opinion
I agree that little dogs need to socialize with big dogs, but big puppies are too rough and can hurt these little guys. A great Dane puppy could do some serious harm if he jumped on or even just pawed at a yorkie. They don't understand that they can't be that rough. But it could permanently disable a small dog, or even kill it.

My daughter has a chocolate lab and he is very good with my yorkies now, but when he was younger he scared then half to death, and I didn't blame them for being frightened.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!