View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
browniesmom622
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom
She said, though, that she was trying to pick up Tripp & the puppy jumped at him. So it seems to me that he was either 1)provoked or 2)trying to protect her. And Great Dane puppies are not small. They're really big. And the woman also had another big dog there, which tells me that she is not a responsible dog owner anyway and probably was not trying to get her dog away from them.

As for needing to socialize with big dogs, I don't think that's always a good idea. Sadie was once kicked by a big dog who in no way intended to harm her, but just didn't realize the size difference. I will never put her in another position to get hurt again. And as I've said before in other threads, even if I picked her up, it still would not get her out of the way of the dog because I am small myself.
i would have said to the owner then please take care of your dog
im not gonna argue since it is My opinion but
i think another puppy playing is not a reason for another dog to snip i still would have scolded my dog cause if he didnt wanna play he should have stayed home
i think it is good for big & little dogs to socialize as long as you do it right i would never put my little dog to play with a 100 pound BOUNCIng dog but a calm one i dont see why not
Austin is a well socialized dog now i dont let him play with every huge dog but hes been with a few good ones and he loves it if they get to ruff both of us pull our dogs away
i think if you constantly coddle you little dog just cause there little youll have a dog that can play nice at all
ok im done again this is only my opinion
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!