View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #5
Sadie's Mom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesmom622
i think i would have been mad if your dog bit mine (sorry i just woke
up so if thats not what happen then my bad LOL )
but i think people need to realize that small dogs NEED to socialize with big dogs(CALM ONES)
Austin meet a full grown mastiff (over 120pounds)the other day i think its great for him he LOVED Her he even stood up and streched to kiss her lol
that being said since those puppies are still SMALL i think its fine i just think its up 2 both owners to watch there dogs and the big dog owner to teach the dog to be gentle i think its great training for when the dogs are over 100 pounds
i think lf there still puppys & small enough they deserve to be there
i think tired of not Tripp should have been scolded
sorry......Jmo

She said, though, that she was trying to pick up Tripp & the puppy jumped at him. So it seems to me that he was either 1)provoked or 2)trying to protect her. And Great Dane puppies are not small. They're really big. And the woman also had another big dog there, which tells me that she is not a responsible dog owner anyway and probably was not trying to get her dog away from them.

As for needing to socialize with big dogs, I don't think that's always a good idea. Sadie was once kicked by a big dog who in no way intended to harm her, but just didn't realize the size difference. I will never put her in another position to get hurt again. And as I've said before in other threads, even if I picked her up, it still would not get her out of the way of the dog because I am small myself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!