View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 03:38 AM   #4
dianesyorkies
Yorkie Talker

Question just a few thoughts

HI,
DID the vet get specific? Is it the front or rear joints? Persistent or intermittent symptoms?

As a side note, I have found:
1-If your male is very small (and it’s the front) are you sure it’s not nutritional Ricketts? While this ISNT reversible it can be diagnosed with an X-ray, and will give you a clearer picture of the dogs overall possibilities/quality etc.

2-If the rear, IS it a luxating Patella, or is it an injury or disease? Have you looked at the animal from the rear to see the leg structure from the hips to the pastern is straight? Is a pronounced bowing of the legs visible? Misalignment? In/out pointing of paws? Are you sure it’s the knees and not hips?

I ask because I had to look hard to find a Vet who was knowledgeable on toy breeds and genetics and that had the experience to work with them.

Are the siblings/parents displaying this also? Did the breeder offer ANY insight? Have you recontacted the breeder to ask questions?

If this IS genetic, is it selective (every other or later litter) in reoccurrence? Are you sure its not a recessive trait easily breed out?

I have to admit, as much as I love my Yorkies, I have only ever heard of one truly perfect animal – that one is described in the AKC standard. I still want to see him some day!

SJ
dianesyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!