Thread: New to YT
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
demitasse
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New to YT

Hi, all,

I've been lurking for a bit, but it's time for us to introduce ourselves.

Demi is a 4-yo neutered female who was given up by her previous owners because she had behavior problems and they didn't have time to work with her. Thank goodness, because I am nuts about her, and since I work from home she gets plenty of attention. We have no behavior problems (well, since we don't have carpeting, the not-so-occasional accident is not a problem).

Demi finished basic obedience last week (and she was class valedictorian, highest score!), and we went straight into a freestyle class and tonight we started a combo intermediate obedience/agility class. She did great in both classes! I figured she'd be okay in freestyle because she's smart and she learns tricks quickly, but I was pleasantly shocked that she was as good at agility as she was. And it was only the first class!

My name is Jay, btw. But enough about me. Let me tell you about my dog. Besides basic obedience, she is working on the following tricks:

Jump through a hoop
Play dead
Crawl
Down with chin on floor (working up to the point where she can put her paw over her eye
Spin
Twist
Under (through legs)
Dance
Speak

She has the first two down well, the rest are in various stages of development.

So that's that. Thanks to everyone here for sharing your expertise.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
New to YT-demi_0706_sm.jpg  
demitasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!