Thread: Decorating....
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

I have a log home (2 1/2 story, but looks small from the front) - we designed it and built it on a hillside, so you drive up to what looks like a small country cabin, but get inside or drive to the back and see that it isn't small. Hard to explain.

Anyway, I LOVE primitives and antiques! I have old saws, etc in the living room (hanging on walls and scattered about). The living room is right now in a light tan color, but soon to be repainted - any suggestions would be great! We have moss green (if you can call it that) furniture and a few suede tan/brown pieces scattered in there too. We are hoping to go all brown leather though. The ceiling is sloped and at 26' with a native stone fireplace (with insert). The ceiling is light pine wood and the floor is wood (georgian oak, I think).

I have old kitchen items (kraut cutter, etc) in the kitchen (plus, old bottles on very top of the cabinets, between the cabinet tops and ceiling) - old glass milk jugs, mtn. dew/coke bottles (the very old ones) and so forth. The kitchen has the same wood floor as the living room - actually it is throughout the house, except in the downstairs - and plain off white ceiling. The walls are currently painted some sort of country green, but that will be changed too - again, would love ideas. The cabinets are a lighter oak and dark green tile countertops and black appliances.

The bathroom has the same cabinets, ceiling and floor as the kitchen, but only with a light speckled tan counter top and tile. The paint is the same as the living room and it is decorated in primitive roman type objects - urns, rock and painted concrete pieces, etc. It is a mix of browns, tans, whites and blacks.
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!