View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 05:09 AM   #15
chewysmommy
Yorkie Yakker

We had Chewy on Innova for a while, and I must have wanted to spoil my little guy b/c I started putting some same brand wet food in his dish as a treat. He soon only would eat that. Then it seemed I had to heat up his food a bit for him to eat. Chewy got soooo spoiled! It was not a good thing b/c when I had him stay over at grandma and grandpa's or my aunt's house, that would be the only way he would eat too. So, a few weeks ago when I was out of town, my husband weaned him off the wet/dry food combo. Said Chewy didn't eat for like 3 days but when he was hungry enough, he dug into the dry Innova food for puppies I used to feed him. So, now, when it's meal time, he doesn't get all excited, and sometimes it takes him a few minutes or so, but eventually he gets around to it and eats it all. He has 3 meals a day now, 1/3 cup each time, and no wet food. I really did want to get him off the wet food even though he loved it - to spare his teeth - I want my little guy to have all his chompers when he's older ya know?

http://www.dogster.com/?334233

"Chewy is my name, luvin' is my game!"
chewysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!