View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #22
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

To be honest, I don't appreciate what your vet said to you or how he spoke to you. I would take him to another vet for the x-ray and I would definitely get the x-ray. But that's just me -- I'm close to paranoid with my babies. If they so much as sneeze, I want to rush them to the vet! LOL!

But I really did have something to worry about before. My little Katie (who passed on to the Rainbow Bridge almost 1 year ago -- rest in peace baby) started losing some weight -- NOT A LOT -- but some. But I really didn't think anything of it. So I waited a few weeks and then she lost some more weight and I got suspicious and took her to the vet. After running lots of tests and doing blood work, we found out she had kidney disease. Now keep in mind that she didn't pass away from the kidney disease -- she was tragically killed when she was hit by a car. But I still regret everyday not taking her to the vet sooner. It's not like I waited months or years ... probably 3 weeks. But I wish I would have done it IMMEDIATELY. I still feel the guilt of waiting and I will never forgive myself for that. That's just something I have to live with. But I can tell you this, I will NEVER make that mistake again. My vet must be sick of seeing me but I don't care ... if my babies show ANY signs that something could be wrong (even a cold), we go to the vet that day (or night -- yes, the ER vet has seen me several times too LOL).

So yes, I would still take Peeka to ANOTHER vet (I don't like your vet -- he just didn't speak to you in a respectful way) and have an x-ray done.

I hope all is well with your baby. Get well soon Peeka!! Codie and Tia send kisses!

Last edited by JCarlson2004; 07-20-2006 at 05:45 AM.
JCarlson2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!